Sunday, December 4, 2011

What Happens?


Picture from 
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/26/2617/WZDMD00Z/posters/lord-rick-dance.jpg


A lot of people continue to ask me "What happens if you come to the realization that you are not a good dancer?" or "What happens when you don't love it as much?" or the most common question, "What happens if you get injured?"
Each question is a great question to ponder, however, for a dancer very simple to answer. When somebody asks me what happens if I come to the realization that I am not a good dancer, I simply reply, "I find out what I can do to make my dancing better, and if that means starting over from scratch, then I will, dance is worth fighting for to me."
Then they always ask me what happens when I don't love dance so much? I quickly respond, “That will NEVER happen, my drive for dance is so powerful that I know in my heart I will always love dance as much as I love my family, dance does so much for me that I will never stop loving it.”
And then I get asked the most commonly asked question “What happens if you get injured?” I always give the same response, "Wait for it to heal, get my strength back, and start over, I realize that this will take a long time, will get frustrating at times, but I don't care, I will fight for what I love to do and what makes me happy. “Then they reply with, "What if it is serious enough that you will never dance again?" This question is a little more difficult to answer because honestly I don't know, if I could never dance again, I wouldn’t be myself, I wouldn’t be the same girl I am today without dance.
         If someone is a true dancer, they won’t be able to answer the question “What happens if you can never dance again?” because they will never find something they love as much as dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment