Friday, November 25, 2011

My Journey with Dance

Photo taken at my dance studio by my teacher.

A lot of people ask me, "Why did you start to dance in the first place?" I always have the same response, "I didn't choose dance, I was only two years old when I started, my mother thought it would be something fun for me to do, something i would enjoy."
Many people then ask me, "but why have you stayed with it all this time?" I don't hesitate when I get asked a question like this, it is a simple answer "I love it, always have and always will." You see, I have been doing a lot of different activities in my life. Many in which have come and gone. Dance has been with me my whole life. It is not one of those activities that I can just say I am done with. Giving up dance is not an option for me. It is something that I was born to do. Something that I love with all my heart. If I give up dance, I honestly would be lost in life. Dance is what I live for, what keeps me going through the good times, and the bad.

With all this said, all I can say is "I didn't choose dance, dance chose me."

                                                Photo taken on my phone at my competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment